Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Days of Kindergarten



Well, I am officially a kindergarten teacher and guess what... I LOVE it! I already have a few stories to tell and I want to be sure to document this entertaining year.

Story 1: On the first day of kindergarten, I was explaining to the kids that if they keep their "owl" all day and stay on green, then they will receive a Skittle at the end of the day. When reviewing, I asked "What will I give you for staying on a green?" One little boy eagerly blurted, "shpaghetti!." We all laughed and giggled and made jokes about giving them a handful of spaghetti at the end of the day. This just really made my day, as it was really nice to be able to joke and laugh with my class without them losing their minds.

Story 2: Yesterday, I was talking to the class about manners and using words such as please and thank you. I asked what the magic word was and one little boy said "abracadabra!" He was right, it WAS a magic word.

Story 3: I have one little boy who keeps crying every time I correct him. Well, today, I looked over at him and he had raccoon eyes. I swear! I really think he had on mascara!!! Not sure what to make of that one, so I just told him to go wash his face.

I'm sure I will have a story a day for the next school year and would love to keep you entertained with them.

I'm going to write a second post sharing my classroom pics in detail. I hope you teachers might get a few ideas (many of which are already stolen).

Fluttering by Faith,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment